2018 Beef Feedlot Roundtable Feb. 6 at Bridgeport
Beef feedlot managers, owners, employees and supporting personnel will learn the latest in feedlot nutrition, health, and marketing at the 2018 Beef Feedlot Roundtable Feb. 6 at Prairie Winds Community Center in Bridgeport.
Other locations in Nebraska will include Feb. 7 at the Dawson County Extension office by the fairgrounds in Lexington, and Feb. 8 at the Nielsen Community Center in West Point.
Registration and welcome begins at 12:30 p.m. At 1 p.m. University and industry representatives will speak about nutrition, health, transportation, and other timely topics for feedlot operators. Topics and presenters include:
· New Disease Emergence: Congestive Heart Failure (Brian Vander Ley, Great Plains Veterinary Educational Center)
· Euthanization Protocols for Cattle (Jan Shearer, ISU)
· BQA Audit: Transportation (Rob Eirich, UNL Extension, Nebraska BQA Director)
· Beef Council Activities (Doug Straight, Nebraska Beef Council)
· Impact of Calf Nutrition on the Cow and Carryover into Feedyard (Travis Mulliniks, UNL West Center Research and Extension Center)
· UNL Feedlot Research and Extension Update (Galen Erickson, Nebraska Extension)
Preregistration is available by phone, fax, e-mail or mail, and requested by Feb. 2. Cost is $20 for those who preregister, and will be accepted at the door. Cost for those who have not preregistered will be $40.
For more information or a registration form contact Galen Erickson at the UNL Animal Science Department in Lincoln, 402-472-6362, email email@example.com.
A brochure with registration form can be downloaded from the Panhandle research and Extension Center’s website, http://panhandle.unl.edu. Look for the link to Beef Feedlot Roundtables.
The Beef Feedlot Roundtable is sponsored by Nebraska Extension and the Nebraska Beef Council and ISU Extension.