- This event has passed.
2018 Western Farm Show Returns to The American Royal Complex Feb. 23-25 in Kansas City, Mo
February 23, 2018 @ 9:00 am - February 25, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Kansas City, Missouri (Dec. 6, 2017) – Cattle ranchers and dairy farmers throughout the Midwest can see the latest livestock equipment and other new products to help boost their productivity when the 2018 Western Farm Show returns to the American Royal Complex Feb. 23-25 in Kansas City, Missouri.
Now in its 57th season, the Western Farm Show features one of the region’s largest indoor displays of farm and ranch products. Attendees can browse 400,000 square feet of exhibit space that includes aisles and aisles of new equipment, as well as farm buildings, fertilizer, feed, seed, tools and much more offered by 500 show exhibitors.
In addition, the Western Farm Show offers a host of other attractions the whole family can enjoy, including:
· The Stockmanship and Stewardship Low-Stress Livestock Handling Demonstration, sponsored by MFA Incorporated, to be held at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24, in the Scott Pavilion adjacent to the American Royal. The demonstrations are included in the show admission price and focus on improving the well-being of beef and dairy cattle, as well as their handlers, through humane animal care.
· The Health & Safety Roundup coordinated by the Missouri Farm Bureau, featuring blood pressure, hearing and skin cancer screenings at no cost, and cholesterol screenings for a nominal fee. Also offered will be free children’s vision tests. Highway safety will be presented by the Missouri and Kansas Highway Patrols, while other organizations will offer displays and demonstrations covering such topics as gun safety, crime prevention, and FAA security/hazardous materials.
· A cooking demonstration by the Culinary Center of Kansas City Saturday, Feb. 24, at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., sponsored by American Family Insurance. Tickets to the cooking shows are free, available in advance from American Family Insurance agents and at the company’s Western Farm Show booth while supplies last.
· FFA Day on Friday, Feb. 23 during which an expected 3,000 FFA students from Missouri and Kansas will compete for bragging rights in the annual Food Drive “Border War.” Collections are donated to the Harvesters Community Food Network serving western Missouri and eastern Kansas. FFA youth also have the opportunity during the show to expand their knowledge about agriculture and learn about the many career options the industry offers.
· The Family Living Center, featuring clothing, crafts, and food, health and home décor products.
· Sunday, Feb. 25, will be Military Appreciation Day, providing free show admission for veterans and active-duty service personnel with appropriate identification.
“The Western Farm Show is a great weekend experience designed to help farmers and ranchers keep pace with the rapid changes in our industry,” said show manager Ken Dean. “Once again this year, there will be thousands of products and technologies, all under one roof, that can help them enhance their success.”
The Western Farm Show is produced by the Western Equipment Dealers Association, which represents regional agricultural equipment dealers. Show hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Feb. 23-24; and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 25. For more information visit www.westernfarmshow.com, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/WesternFarmShow and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/WesternFarmShow.