- This event has passed.
5-State Beef Conference set for Nov. 13
November 13, 2018 @ 2:30 pm - 8:00 pm
GARDEN CITY, Kan. – Kansas State University is teaming up with several other universities to present the 5-State Beef Conference on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at the Kiowa County Fairgrounds in Greensburg, Kansas.
Registration at the fairgrounds, 720 N. Bay St. in Greensburg, begins at 2:30 p.m., with conference sessions planned for 3-8 p.m. Pre-registration, by calling 620-723-2156, is requested for an accurate meal count.
Topics and speakers include:
- Key Performance Indicators: Determining Where Your Ranch Excels (or not) – Stan Bevers, Ranch KPI, Vernon Texas.
- Values and Rental Rates for Agricultural Land – Mykel Taylor, Kansas State University.
- A Historical Look at Climate Variability in the Great Plains – Impacts on Agriculture – Jeff Basara, Oklahoma State University.
- Keys to Profitability in Stocker Production – Paul Beck, Oklahoma State University.
- Research Updates – Stacey Gunter, USDA/ARS, Southern Plains Range Research Station; Ryan Reuter, Oklahoma State University; and Dale Blasi, Kansas State University.
The 5-State Beef Conference is a collaboration of K-State Research and Extension, Oklahoma State University Extension, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, and New Mexico State University Extension.