- This event has passed.
Cow Country Congress set Oct. 13 at Santa Rosa Ranch in Crockett
October 13, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$20
CROCKETT – Global trade impacts, herbicide and forage management, bull selection and winter feeding strategies will be the featured topics at Cow Country Congress scheduled Oct. 13 at Santa Rosa Ranch in Crockett.
The event is sponsored by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Santa Rosa Ranch and the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association.
Registration, which includes lunch, is $20 by Oct. 6 or $30 after. Call 936-544-7502 to preregister.
The event will begin with registration at 8:30 a.m. and the program will conclude by 5 p.m.
Topics and speakers include:
– Ranch history, Gerald Sullivan and Kelley Sullivan, co-owners, and Randy Parten.
– Herbicide and forage program, Dr. Vanessa Corriher-Olsen, AgriLife Extension forage specialist, Overton.
– (invited) Legislative update, State Rep. Trent Ashby, R-Lufkin.
– (invited) State Sen. Robert Nichols, R-Jacksonville.
– Global trade impacts, John Porter, legislative director for U.S. Rep. Kevin Brady, R-Conroe.
– Global Trade Impacts and meat choices, Dr. Jeff Savell, Texas A&M University Distinguished Professor and E.M. “Manny” Rosenthal chairholder in the department of animal science, College Station.
Participants will also participate in bull selection activities led by Dr. Jason Cleere and Dr. Jason Banta, AgriLife Extension beef cattle specialists at College Station and Overton, respectively.
A ranch gathering sponsored by the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association for members and prospective members will be held at 5:30 p.m.
For more information, call 936-544-7502.