Pearson Prime Chutes Offer Never-Before Features, Quieter Operation
VERNON, TEXAS—Pearson Livestock Equipment, a manufacturer of innovative livestock equipment since 1962, announces the addition of two new products to their lineup. The Prime and Prime XL chutes combine the commercial grade quality and durability customers have come to expect, plus new features and quieter operation.
Ricky Rater, the company’s co-owner and general manager, says the decision to add a premium product to the livestock handling equipment inventory was customer-driven.
“Cattlemen and women have been asking for these additional features that reflect the way they work cattle,” Rater said. “And while there are other companies that offer some of these features already, we feel our quality standards and uniquely simple, strong designs will continue to differentiate us from the pack. We believe we’ve not only added some great, practical features, but have done so without losing the heart and soul of what makes a Pearson chute great and without a substantial price increase.”
Like all Pearson chutes, the Prime and Prime XL feature parallel squeeze, the same heavy-duty floor with scale and portability options, and the same headgate and tailgate options.
New features include:
• A quiet neck door, placed perfectly to administer injections in the BQA triangle.
• A viewing port through the neck door, so the user can see the headgate through the neck door.
• Heavy duty wing open doors in the bottom half of the chute. The door is a 60/30 split, with the long door in the back. This setup allows for easy castration or encouraging a calf to nurse. Opening both doors is ideal for semen testing. For those who are well versed in traditional Pearson design, these doors replace the removable boards found on the standard Pearson chute.
• A rump ratchet allows the user to encourage the animal forward and prevents cattle from backing up in the chute.
• Extra quiet, redesigned butterfly-style wing gates that open wide for full access to the top half of an animal.
The Prime XL is the same chute as the Prime, but longer and taller. The extra length and height gives outstanding access to the rear of the animal.
“We designed our Prime XL so a six-foot-tall person with a cowboy hat on can walk through there without ducking or turning sideways,” Rater said.
The Prime chute with a self-catch headgate and bifold tailgate weighs 1,740 pounds and the Prime XL with the same headgate and tailgate options is 2,230. Both chutes are built strong, flexible and large so they can be used for the entire herd — from the calf up to the mature herd bull.
For more information Pearson Livestock Equipment, visit pearsonlivestockeq.com.